When is A level results day 2022?
A level results day is Thursday 18 August 2022.
Taking exams in Scotland?
SQA results day is Tuesday 9 August 2022.
Results day can be stressful, so make sure you know how it works and what to expect.
- Have your application sign in details handy and update your contact details if you need to.
- Make sure you're available on results day, because we can't speak to anyone else about your application details unless you give them nominated access to speak on your behalf.
- Check how your exam results get to your universities/colleges – most come directly to us from the awarding organisations, and we send them on to your choices. But if not, you just send your exam results to your universities or colleges yourself.
Hopefully you'll get the exam grades you need, but if you just miss out, the university or college might accept you anyway.
- You might get a place on either your firm or insurance choice, depending how well your exams go.
- You might be offered an alternative by the university/college – a 'changed course offer' (which you'll need to accept or decline).
- You might not get a place, but you can search through our Clearing service to see what courses still have vacancies.
If no decisions are showing, give your universities or colleges a call to find out more.
- Find info about exam reviews and appeals – you'll need to try to arrange the review as quickly as possible, and keep in touch with your university or college to keep them up-to-date.
- Look for course vacancies in our Clearing service, or look into other options – like a gap year, work or an apprenticeship – either instead of higher education, or just while you reapply for next year.
Congratulations! We'll let you know in your application when your place is confirmed, and your chosen uni will send you details of what you need to do next.
Find the right accommodation. Finding somewhere you'll be happy to live is important. To help you make the right choice, use our accommodation search to research your options and find both uni and private student accommodation.